msh and functions

Alex Landau landau_alex at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 2 12:08:09 UTC 2007

Hi,

The Blackfin uClinux distribution at blackfin.uclinux.org includes a patch to busybox's
msh that adds support for functions. It's a bit outdated (the last time I checked), but I
integrated it into busybox 1.4.1 and it works (for me) fine. msh hasn't changed
considerably since then, so I think with small effort the patch could be integrated into
trunk.
I'm willing to volunteer to do that, but I'm having some concerns mainly do to the fact
that I'm not the author of the original patch.
The patch does not contain copyright information, but a readme is included with it
saying:
--START--
                README for hacked msh

                Mickael.Kang (blackfin.kang at gmail.com)

                        Dec. 13th 2005

This patch is for enhancement of msh.  After apply this patch, msh can support
function recursive call.  So it is more like bash than before.  Many
applications under uClinux maybe need this patch to run some bash script under
msh, such as oprofile.
--END--

What can you say about that? Can someone from blackfin.uclinux.org (Mike?) check the
issue and integrate the patch / approve the integration by someone else (e.g. me) /
reject it?

Thanks,
Alex