busybox-1.5.0 miscutils/taskset.c compile errors

Ulf Samuelsson ulf at atmel.com
Wed Apr 11 22:19:06 UTC 2007

Ulf,

On Wednesday 11 April 2007 12:29, Ulf Samuelsson wrote:
> It seems that there is some undefined defines's in the "taskset.c"

You've been answered in the bug report (#1309) you opened in the "buildroot"
bug tracker.

==> The answer was that it was a busybox problem, which indeed it was,
    but *also* a buildroot problem...

    It was my intention to report it as a busybox problem, but I did not figure
    out how to change it once the issue was inside the buildroot bug database.
    The problem remains, as a busybox problem *and* as a buildroot problem.

    The default busybox.config (package/busybox/busybox-1.5.0.config) in buildroot
    configures busybox to build "taskset.c".
    Since taskset will not build with the current linux headers, the busybox build will abort.

    I do not have any specific use for taskset except it kills the building of the root file system...

    If the config file is changed to not build "taskset.c" the problem disappears from buildroot
    and it remains in busybox.

    If everyone is happy with that, then I will not make more fuzz, just remove building
    "taskset.c" in my busybox configuration files.

Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson