PATCH: ifupdown.c, udhcpc, and standalone shell

Gabriel L. Somlo somlo at cmu.edu
Wed Sep 27 15:21:29 UTC 2006

Denis,

On Wed, Sep 27, 2006 at 05:00:21PM +0200, Denis Vlasenko wrote:
> be scriptable. As I said, I use runit - which is.

Is busybox going to include a version of runit, eventually ? I looked
and there doesn't seem to be one in there already...

> How do you propose to cleanly check that execute("foo bar baz");
> will be able to find and execute foo executable - without actually
> trying to execute it? "if /sbin/foo exists" is not a good check.

ifupdown uses /etc/network/interfaces as its config file (which
interfaces to bring up, and how). I guess we could add options for
dhcp interfaces that specify which dhcp client to look for, so
ifupdown won't have to poll for a hard-coded list of clients...

Thanks,
Gabriel