Done with mount.c yet? (dmcrypt)

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Sep 23 16:45:36 UTC 2006

On Saturday 23 September 2006 6:15 am, Denis Vlasenko wrote:
> On Friday 22 September 2006 23:41, Rob Landley wrote:
> > So at work I've been poking at dmcrypt, and poking at adding dmcrypt
support
> > to BusyBox mount.  (This would mean that when user support goes in, normal
> > users could mount encrypted filesystems.)
> >
> > Unfortunately, I just compared the copy I've been poking at with the
version
> > that's in the tree, and I'm not even sure how to go _about_ merging them
at
> > this point.
>
> Yes, I do not have patches against mount.

Did you ever figure out what you broke for this guy?
http://busybox.net/lists/busybox/2006-September/024573.html

> I am in getopt hunt over the tree.

You are testing each option of each app you change before checking it into the
tree to make sure it can still be triggered, right?

> I can do the mount merge if you want, tho.
> Please send me the files you want to merge.

A) It's not done.

B) I'd rather like to understand the result.  It's a personal idiosyncrasy of
mine.

> > I should poke at Mercurial again this weekend.  It's designed to deal with
> > exactly this kind of problem.  (And I'm starting a new directory for the
> > change of argc and argv to globals in applet_main, investigating why
that's
> > not saving us space...  Whatcha wanna bet the tree will change out from
under
> > me while I work on that?  This is why I _despise_ shared svn...)
>
> I didn't feel this pain, yet...

You have the luxury of ignoring all the parts of the tree you're not currently
touching.  I do not.  (I've also been trying not to touch the same files
you've been touching.)

Every time you check something into the tree, I have to review and test it.
You've added over 40 todo items to my list this week, and they're high
priority...

> BTW, it turned out that my xDSL modem at home is running Linux
> with busybox 0.60. :)

Figured out how to upgrade it yet? :)