global argv argc recap

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Sep 22 20:13:15 UTC 2006

On Friday 22 September 2006 3:27 am, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 11:25:04PM -0400, Rob Landley wrote:
> >On Thursday 21 September 2006 5:45 pm, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
>
> >> Unfortunately we
> >> currently cannot say the proper (and size-saving!)
> >> int my_applet_main(void){} due to our macros being stubborn.
> >
> >I've been pondering switching argv and argc to globals for most of a year
(I
> >suggested it on the list before), but lemme get bbsh into reasonable shape
>
> And i implemented and sent the patch to the list before.
> See
> http://www.busybox.net/lists/busybox/2006-July/023016.html
>
> Made the binary bigger (for me)..

I'm trying to track down why, but applying your old patch to an anonymous
checkout of svn 15566 (which the patch seems to say it applies against)
produced lots of failures.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

svn co svn://busybox.net/trunk/busybox -r 15566
cd busybox
patch -p0 -i ../bb.argc.00g.diff

Wrong version?