[Buildroot] Buildroot fails on powerpc with busybox login.c

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Sep 22 03:01:27 UTC 2006

On Thursday 21 September 2006 5:26 pm, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
> Rob, WTH 4k? it's 8k for me on i386. Nothing to do with pagesize there.
>
> Care to try this patch (i want to apply something like this before we
> release the next "big" release, just to make people aware of some HUGE
> buffers that are allocated, so there is still time to clean at least
> some of them up.)

Remember how we have -Werror?  I _really_dislike_warnings_.

If it wasn't for that I could see putting this under CONFIG_DEBUG.  But it's
evil to add warnings to the tree that you're not going to fix, and if you're
going to fix them then you only need to add them to your own tree.

And doesn't the kernel have a stack checker tool?  (Some evil python
script...)