More bbsh design notes.

Ian Oliver lists at foxhill.co.uk
Fri Sep 15 08:37:24 UTC 2006

In article <200609141434.58159.rob at landley.net>, Rob Landley wrote:
> A) No, you won't.
>
> B) Can we have the patch?  (Busybox is GPL, doo dah, doo dah...)

Seemingly not if you're Korean. These guys have very little interest in
conforming to any part of the GPL. The applications in their firmware
have lots of bits of GPL products in them, all stuck together with
"proprietary" code, and with airlinktek's copyright message on it.

Not that others are better. Sigma Designs seem to be happy grabbing the
contents of cfi_probe.c from mtd, changing the names of variables and
structures, sticking their copyright message on it, and releasing it as
part of a dev kit!

I've tried asking nicely, I've tried being slightly threatening, so I
guess it's off to gplviolations.org :(

Anyway, back to BusyBox ...

Ian