[BUG] mount again

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Sep 13 15:27:21 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 13 September 2006 3:00 am, Roberto A. Foglietta wrote:
> > Don't add unrelated bugs to an existing bug report.  If you have a
separate
> > problem with the same applet, open a new bug report.  We don't have one
bug
> > for all mount issues for the same reason we dont' have one bug for all
> > busybox issues.  You can never close bug reports if you let them change
what
> > they're about.
> >

>  Sorry I wrote to this list (12-set-2006 14.33) the bug was not about
> bb but a kernel driver but I forgot to remove the comment to the bug
> system.

I have no problem with somebody posting what they think is a BusyBox bug that
later turns out not to be.  Happens all the time.

I responded knowing the specific issue was resolved because the bug tracker
problem is generic: one bug report per bug, don't mix together different bugs
in the same report.  That's the only way the bug tracker is actually useful.
I wanted to get that out there to discourage _other_ people from doing it.