Linux based udchpd not serving addresses to Win2K over USB RNDIS connection...

Christopher WRIGHT chris.wright at st.com
Tue Sep 12 16:29:25 UTC 2006

Hi Folks,

I'm using udhcpd(v0.9.8) over a USB based Ethernet connection. The DHCP server, serves a single address to configure the host side of the network. This works excellently for Linux and WinXP hosts, but does not work for Win2K!

>From the server side, I see udhcpd logging the DISCOVER requests, to which it responds with OFFERS, but from the Win 2K side, I see nothing.

If the Win2K side is setup with a static address, UDP and TCP traffic can be sent in both directions, but ping does not work from the server side? To me, this points to troubled Win2K RNDIS drivers?

I've had a good look on the net for background, but come up blank. I'd be grateful if anyone can shed some light.

Cheers,

Chris Wright, STS Software Engineer
STMicroelectronics (R&D) Ltd.
1000 Aztec West, Almondsbury, Bristol BS32 4SQ
Phone: +44 1454 462518