mdev

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Sep 8 22:06:44 UTC 2006

On Friday 08 September 2006 5:33 am, Arvind Ayyangar wrote:
> hi ppl,
>  As I mentioned previously, my mdev.conf is never correctly parsed even
> though i feel I have written all corrct
> like
> sd[a-z]*        root:root 0640  @/arvind/test.sh

Ok, seeing that you've apparently never tried a line without field 4 (although
your original posting gave examples without fields 2 and 3), the obvious
question is did you switch on the mdev config option "Support command
execution at defice additon/removal" when you built busybox?

> but I always get the same error
> # mdev -s
> mdev: Bad line 1

Which is output on line 155 of util-linux/mdev.c and you can stick printfs
into the code to see why the parse isn't working if you'd like.

This is working for me.  This is working for many other people.  Have you
tried getting it working on an x86 system before you tried your strange
cross-compile environment?  (In a chroot, perhaps?)