start-stop-daemon incorrect pid

Rory Vieira rory.vieira at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 09:55:42 UTC 2006

Natanael,

> Its alot easier than patching all applets and it should work. It worked
> when I tested.
True...

> > So AFAIU I need to run the daemon with
> >   start-stop-daemon -S -x /sbin/klogd
> > and kill it with
> >   start-stop-daemon -K -x /sbin/klogd
>
> exactly.
Ok, here's the results:

start-stop-daemon -S -x /sbin/klogd -- -c 4
/sbin/klogd already running
703

ps|grep 703
  703 root          SW< [kpsmoused]

So this isn't right....
Again, I ONLY changed xstrdup to bb_xstrdup

> If it works maybe you could post a patch here against 1.2.1 for
> inclusion in 1.2.2.

It's the exact patch from Rob with the above change

Just a side note:
I'm using buildroot to create my system. I added Rob's patch to
/srv/buildroot/package/busybox as busybox02-ssd-fixup.patch, and did a
make clean in the /srv/buildroot/build_i386/busybox-1.2.1 folder.
During buildroot make, I can see that the patch is applied...
After build I checked the actual file to make sure :D

Cheers,
--
Rory Vieira
rory dot vieira at gmail dot com