[RFC] make bb_[p]error_msgXXXX() functions able to direct output to syslog

Tito farmatito at tiscali.it
Mon Sep 4 20:29:03 UTC 2006

On Monday 4 September 2006 22:09, Rob Landley wrote:
> On Monday 04 September 2006 11:56 am, Denis Vlasenko wrote:
> > Working on it. Did not manage to make it ready for review today,
> > hopefully tomorrow.
> >
> > Bloatcheck looks like this after few applets were converted
> > to new method of talking to syslog:
>
> Looks good so far.
>
> I'd actually prefer three or four smaller patches than one big "the universe
> now looks like this" patch touching every file in the tree.  (Sometimes those
> are unavoidable, but they're a real pain to review.)

In this case I'm volunteering for:
sulogin (I have a shrinkage work ready)
su  (maybe  the config option to enable logging could be removed, have to look at it)
devfsd (if you don't rip it out before) ;-P
(some more if I think I am able to deal with them without breaking them.....)

BTW: i've posted a patch to remove some unneeded #include<syslog.h>, maybe it get lost?
          or is it in your mega todo folder?
          Should i repost it?

Ciao,
Tito

PS.: please before you dive in the bbsh, maybe you could do the passwd stuff?
        it is almost a year know.....

Ciao,
Tito