help - busybox- grep and Source command

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon Sep 4 20:07:01 UTC 2006

On Monday 04 September 2006 5:54 am, Gulab Chandra Yadava wrote:

> Hi
> 	I am using Busybox v1.1.0, for grep command grep -w option is
> not available.

I believe we've implemented everything POSIX requires us to:

/home/landley/reading/susv3/utilities/grep.html

If you want to submit a patch to add a non-posix feature, please make a CONFIG
option for it.

> source command is not supported by busybox,

What do you mean by "source command"?  The shell "source" directive is a
synonym for "." and some of our shells uspport it (we have 4, and I'm working
on a fifth to replace the other 4 with _one_ that _works_.)

> even I tried
> with 1.1.2 also but faces the same problem.
> Can anybody suggest where to get all these.

All of which?

> DISCLAIMER:
> This electronic message, and any attachments to this electronic message are
> intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s)named herein and may
contain
> legally privileged and confidential information. It is the property of
Celstream
> Technologies Pvt. Ltd.

Please don't attach this kind of disclaimer to a message on a public list.  If
you can't get your employer to stop attaching declarations of stupidity to
your email, you can always get a gmail account or something to post to the
list to.

If you don't consider it a declaration of stupidity, what do you think it
says?  "We don't trust our own employees to behave in a reasonable manner,
yet we believe that this disclaimer will somehow accomplish something useful
when people who are not our employees read it."  You could just shorten it
to:

"My employer trusts me less than it trusts random strangers on the internet."

That conveys the same information, and is less than 80 chars...