[RFC] Updating busybox config/build system to match current kernel system

Jason Schoon floydpink at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 14:32:19 UTC 2006

On 9/3/06, Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:

> into
> bbox?
> > >
> > > Which entry?  You linked to 985, which claims to be about ping6 and
> doesn't
> > > mention edns...
> >
> > Opps... this one
> >
> > http://bugs.busybox.net/view.php?id=478
>
> Yet more code that's under GPLv2 without "or later".  (I keep telling
> people
> this is an actual problem...)
>
> I don't object to the applet in principle.  It would need rather a lot of
> cleanup, though.  (I initially didn't bother to look at it becuase the
> author
> glued together three unrelated things into a single patch.)

I see a few problems with including this:  it has the GPLv2 only license, it
is rather large still right now I think, and most important, I think it only
works with one of the plethora of DDNS sites out there.  I used to use
ez-ip-update to do this same thing for a while, and it worked with a wide
range of them.  In the end, I realized I could replace it all with a shell
script calling wget though ;-)