tar xf a.tar dir/dir fix added to svn

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Sep 2 19:42:37 UTC 2006

On Saturday 02 September 2006 3:15 pm, Denis Vlasenko wrote:
> I also added a testsuite entry.
>
> However, http://bugs.busybox.net/view.php?id=991
> contains a bit different looking patch.
>
> I am not closind that one for now.

One of my long-term todo items is to go through the archive directory,
understand how it works, and untangle it.  I want to add several
archiver-like things (mkisofs, mke2fs, cpio creation mode, ar creation
mode...)  Plus there was a patch submitted to rpm a while back that enhanced
it greatly, but logically involved moving the current rpm functionality into
some kind of rpm2cpio "--install" mode...

Alas, it's not in my top five big projects just now...