mounts via fstab...

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Sep 1 18:08:23 UTC 2006

On Friday 01 September 2006 5:39 am, Thomas Fröhlich wrote:
> hi, I have troubles with the mounts at startup...
>
> *snip*
> root-NFS: No NFS server available, giving up.
> VFS: Unable to mount root fs via NFS, trying floppy.
> VFS: Mounted root (jffs2 filesystem).
> Mounted devfs on /dev
> Freeing init memory: 88K

Everything before this point is the Linux kernel.  BusyBox hasn't even run
yet.  (And why on earth are you using devfs?)

> init started:  BusyBox v1.2.0 (2006.08.25-08:54+0000) multi-call binary
> Segmentation fault

I'd generally consider a segfault to be a bad sign, but since you didn't say
what processor you were building for, what toolchain you used, what C library
this is built against, what your .config was, what your init script looks
like...  I have no information to go by.  I don't even know _what_
segfaulted, it's possible it wasn't even busybox.

> nothing is the mounted...
> my /etc/fstab
> /dev/mtdblock/3         /data           jffs2           defaults        1 2
> /dev/mtdblock/4         /var            jffs2           defaults        1 2
> proc                    /proc           proc            defaults        0 0
> tmpfs                   /dev/shm        tmpfs           defaults        0 0
> tmpfs                   /tmp            tmpfs           defaults        0 0
> devpts                  /dev/pts        devpts          defaults        0 0
> sysfs                   /sys            sysfs           defaults        0 0
> usbfs                   /proc/bus/usb   usbfs           defaults        0 0

I'm not the contents of your fstab are even relevant to the problem you're
having.  It's quite possible the segfault is preventing your init script from
getting as far as running mount.

> I didn't see, where the seg fault comes.

That would be good information to know, yes.

> if I give cmd: 'mount /data' it will works...

So it's probably not the mount command then?