Bash shell support?

Ian Oliver lists at foxhill.co.uk
Fri Sep 1 17:12:06 UTC 2006

In article <200608281511.55273.rob at landley.net>, Rob Landley wrote:
> It's not going into the tree until I can drop a shell, although that might be
> hush (which nobody really uses).

I use it but for bad reasons. :-)

lash is, err, well, lash!
ash refuses to build on uClinux
msh builds but takes my box out when executed - might be easy to fix - I haven't
tried yet
hush works for scripts but not for command lines (the control console issue?)

So, I've ended up with lash as the login shell and hush as /bin/sh for scripts.

You could always go nuclear and remove all the other shells as soon as you
commit bbsh.  That'll focus minds on testing and improving bbsh. :-)

Ian