Busybox current tasks

Denis Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 26 19:50:35 UTC 2006

This TODO-like thing which I will post semi-regularly.
Let's see whether it will be helpful.

Networking: we mostly believe in ipv4 world,
even in places where it is nearly trivial to do ipv6 too.
Heavy usage of scanf/printf("%d.%d.%d.%d") must go.
See docs/ipv4_ipv6.txt and nslookup.c for examples how to do better.

Shell: we still BADLY need a decent, bash-like shell.
NOFORK feature is dependent on this.

NOMMU: need audit of unnecessary fork() calls.

Desktop compatibility (what is missing):
ls -i, chmod/chown -c,
find ( ... ) [needed for kernel's "make clean"]
(undoubtedly many more)

--
vda