Working mdev.conf and .config for command execution?

Elliot F. elliotf-dev-busybox at gratuitous.net
Wed Oct 25 20:06:01 UTC 2006

I'm unable to get mdev to obey my wishes when it comes to executing
commands during hotplug.  It successfully adds/removes devices (after a
patch) during a hotplug, but does not execute commands as simple as
'/bin/touch /tmp/fooey'.  Am I missing something?

Does anyone have a working mdev that successfully executes commands
during hotplug?  If so, would you please post/reply with your busybox
.config and mdev.conf?

I'm building busybox 1.2.2 under scratchbox with scratchbox's uclibc
toolchain for arm, running it on an arm device.  I'm a pretty inept C
programmer, so I welcome any patches to attempt to diagnose the problem,
or any suggestions of what to try.

My busybox .config and mdev.conf are attached.

Thank you,

Elliot F.