PATCH: Add -i IFACE option to wget

Denis Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 23 22:52:53 UTC 2006

On Monday 23 October 2006 15:50, Raphaël HUCK wrote:
> Ok, you can now call --bind-interface or -I for the short option (-I is
> not used in wget, but in ping, and it can be useful to have a short
> option if the user doesn't want to compile with long options).

Nice.

> > -       opt = bb_getopt_ulflags(argc, argv, "cq\213O:\203:P:Y:",
> > +       opt = bb_getopt_ulflags(argc, argv, "cq\213O:\203:P:Y:i:",
> >
> > BTW, I don't know what these funny high ASCII chars are doing here...
> > do you? Maybe they can be killed?
>
> I was also wondering what these chars are doing here. Anybody knows ?
> Are they useful if a long option has no corresponding long option?

I suspect this is a Russian joke (those chars map to koi8 chars).

> Done ;)

patch </tmp/wget.patch
patching file wget.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 15.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 54.
Hunk #3 FAILED at 142.
Hunk #4 FAILED at 159.
Hunk #5 FAILED at 195.
Hunk #6 succeeded at 583 with fuzz 2 (offset -25 lines).
5 out of 6 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file wget.c.rej

svn's current version of wget.c is attached.
Please rediff. Sorry.
--
vda