fixing bbox build system

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu Oct 5 14:15:22 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 04 October 2006 8:11 am, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
> >Also some more peculiar build modes (CONFIG_BUILD_LIBBUSYBOX,
> >CONFIG_BUILD_AT_ONCE) may be broken.
>
> Let's drop CONFIG_BUILD_LIBBUSYBOX for now. CONFIG_BUILD_AT_ONCE is
> something i want to keep since it creates a smaller binary. Doesn't the
> kernel support this too, perhaps under a different name?

The kernel guys have poked at adding it (David Woodhouse, I think) but the
patches haven't been merged yet that I'm aware of.  Also, they way they build
is to do a directory at a time.  (You know how we're building various .a
files and then linking them together?  Their build-at-once does each .a file
in one gulp, not the whole project.)

(Off to poke and 1.2.2 and hopefully get that _out_ today...)