[PATH] -g option for httpd and default user

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Oct 3 18:45:25 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 03 October 2006 1:24 pm, Rich Felker wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 03, 2006 at 02:58:02PM +0100, Luciano Miguel Ferreira Rocha
wrote:
> > > Why they are always called? What if I want to run httpd under
> > > current user/group?
> >
> > Well, if your current user is root, I doubt it, but you can specify it.
> > Defaulting to nobody (er, -1) is better, IMHO.
> >
> > If you're not root, the calls will have no effect on the processe's ids.
>
> You'd better check the return values though if you're root,

Been there, done that.

http://busybox.net/downloads/patches/svn-15700.patch
http://busybox.net/downloads/patches/svn-15702.patch
http://busybox.net/downloads/patches/svn-15703.patch

Huh, according to http://busybox.net/downloads/patches/README svn 15703 wasn't
in the 1.2.1 backports list, I should check that for 1.2.2 (which I hope to
finish up the patch for tonight and maybe release tomorrow).