DESKTOP mode

Paul Fox pgf at brightstareng.com
Tue Oct 3 00:47:17 UTC 2006

 > On Tuesday 03 October 2006 00:02, Rob Landley wrote:
 > > > "I want to build bbox for wireless router" -> switch CONFIG_DESKTOP off
 > > > "I want to build bbox for my Red Hat box" -> switch CONFIG_DESKTOP on
 > >
 > > I want to build bbox for a video kiosk which has some features of both: switch
 > > CONFIG_DESKTOP halfway.
 >
 > Such a user may (should?) contribute patche which separates needed options
 > off CONFIG_DESKTOP into separate CONFIG_SOMETHING.

which will then break the configs of everyone who has previously
been building successfully with CONFIG_DESKTOP -- with the next
release they'll have to look at the new persnickety option
anyway.

that being said, you're probably right -- it will probably be
just fine to do what you're proposing.

paul
 paul fox, pgf at brightstareng.com