compile busybox on a Pentium3 for Pentium-mmx = segmentation fault

Felipe C. felipe33662 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 11:04:48 UTC 2006

When I compile busybox on my Pentium 3 (running Suse 10) and try to run it
on my pentium mmx I get a segmentation fault. Is there a way to tell busybox
to not optimize too much?

The only way I could get busybox to compile on the Pentium 3 and run on the
Pentium mmx was using a "cross-compiler" created for i386. Is that the only
way? I would assume I could use any compiler for the architecture x86 to
optimize to any of its CPUs, isn't that right?

Thanks in advance,
Felipe