ubuntu edgy 6.1 hd-media install, Busybox 1.1.3 not mounting .iso

John McLean john at stillwater.co.za
Fri Nov 24 21:45:54 UTC 2006

Hi,

There seems to be a problem with Ubuntu hd-media installer's ability to
mount the installation .iso file. Ubuntu 6.1 makes use of the Busybox
version 1.1.3, and is running kernel 2.16.17-10-386.

An attempt to manually mount the installation iso file via the below
command:

mount -t iso9660 -o loop,ro /mnt/path_to_iso_file /mnt/cdrom

generates a "Couldn't setup loop device" error message.

I've started the below thread on Ubuntu's forum but am yet to receive a
solution.

I was wondering if anyone on the list could propose a solution.

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=298719

John McLean