Busybox-1.2.2.1: No rule to make target ... Blkid error

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu Nov 9 18:54:42 UTC 2006

On Thursday 09 November 2006 2:58 am, KokHow.Teh at infineon.com wrote:
> Hi;
> 	I just downloaded busybox-1.2.2.1 and encounter this error when
> building the source:
>
> <snip>
> make[1]: *** No rule to make target
> `|/misc/tehkok/busybox-1.2.2.1/e2fsprogs/blkid', needed by
> `/misc/tehkok/busybox-1.2.2.1/e2fsprogs/blkid/blkid_getsize.o'.  Stop.
> make: *** [_all] Error 2
> [tehkok at linux01 busybox-1.2.2.1 44]$

When it was added to BusyBox, the people who wrote the makefiles didn't care
about backwards compatability.  It won't build on Linux versions older than
about 3 years.

I kept meaning to do something about it (the whole of the e2fsprogs directory
is crap and needs a complete rewrite, actually), but I'm not good with
makefiles...

"Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but
when there is no longer anything to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery