Custom initrd using busybox

Luciano Miguel Ferreira Rocha strange at nsk.no-ip.org
Sun Nov 5 23:34:31 UTC 2006

On Sun, Nov 05, 2006 at 03:19:40PM -0500, Rob Landley wrote:
> > - Documentation/filesystems/ramfs-rootfs-initramfs.txt
>
> I wrote that one.  If it's missing something, let me know.

Information about the rdinit parameter would be nice. :)

It is in kernel-parameters.txt but I never searched for such an option.

Also, it reads "The program run by the old initrd (which was called
/initrd, not /init)". Did you mean /linuxrc? I don't recall seeing
/initrd anywhere else.

And finally, could you add some bigger warnings about rootfs being
ramfs, a non-swappable device? The file does say that initramfs is
extracted to rootfs, an instance of ramfs. But I didn't read the file
that carefully the first time...

I made a /init that extracts cpios (gziped and bziped) in / to a tmpfs,
moves all remaining files to the tmpfs, and executes the new init, if
anyone is interested.

Regards,
Luciano Rocha

--