The getopt long thing breaks the tree.

Bernhard Fischer rep.nop at aon.at
Tue May 30 17:07:40 UTC 2006

On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 12:55:37PM -0400, Rob Landley wrote:
>make allnoconfig
>switch on netcat
>make
>
>Broken build.

.. Since bb_getopt_ulflags doesn't yet honor turning off the long
options, yes. Fix the two occurances: bb_getopt_ulflags and
run_parts_main; The latter needs to be converted to use an llist for the
-a option (haven't had time to do this just yet).
The former needs a (supposedly trivial) if (ENABLE_GETOPT_LONG put into
the appropriate places (also haven't had time to do this yet).
I converted all the rest of the applets to use the long option stuff
conditionally. Please go ahead, if you find the time.

>This is in addition to the config option shouldn't say getopt, it should say
>something like "Enable --long-options".  The config entry shouldn't say the
>technical internal thing, it should say what the effect is that people
>configuring it will see.

Fair enough. I couldn't think of a better wording (i admit i just yanked and
pasted the locale support block...)