OSL Power Outage 5/26

Ned Ludd solar at gentoo.org
Wed May 24 03:50:48 UTC 2006

On Friday, May 26th 15:00 - 19:00 UTC  (8:00 - 12:00 PST)

The OSL has been remodeling it's new Data Center. As part of it's
remodeling efforts, the power infrastructure in one it's server rooms
is being replaced with a dedicated UPS unit. We will probably have to
shut down the server known as morris by 14:50 UTC on that day till the
migration efforts are complete.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause but the end result
will benefit us all. OSL will do it's best to shorten this outage
window, and get everything back online as soon as the circuits are
switched over.

Side note:
The box we have hosting our services for the uclibc * busybox projects
there is on is an old Compaq Deskpro that could (and probably will) die
at any moment. So at this time we are looking for hardware donations. If
you value the uClibc/busybox projects and have any decent hardware to
spare please contact Erik Andersee, Mike Frysinger or myself. If the box
does die in the near future or we can't scrape enough decent parts
together we would have the option to be shifted to a XEN vm after OSL's
new Data Center is light up.

Other projects affected by this outage include.

SPI
apache
arklinux
debian