a simple request: apply all outstanding patches.

Denis Vlasenko vda at ilport.com.ua
Fri May 19 08:00:34 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 17 May 2006 23:51, Rob Landley wrote:
> As maintainer, I owe people rejection notices if I decide not to apply their
> patch.  I realize this.  I just have Mt. Patchmore accumulated on my laptop
> of stuff I haven't had a chance to even review yet.  (Reading patches isn't
> quite as slow as writing them, but it's not like reading email...)
>
> > > and, as i mentioned, given that there is now a target date for the
> > > next release, this would seem to be the perfect time to work through
> > > that backlog and deal with all outstanding submitted patches, one way
> > > or the other.
> >
> > That is probably also why he announced a feature freeze.
>
> To be honest, it simply hadn't occurred to me that announcing a freeze would
> stimulate a flood of last minute patches.  (You may laugh now.)
>
> > Maybe we could
> > get a list of things/patches that are supposed to get into the 1.2
> > release
>
> Like the list Dennis Vlasenko kindly put together and resubmitted several
> times

lkml habits. I sent a few small patches there. One needs quite a bit
of insistence to get a patch through there.

Who _do_ completely amaze me are those Morton-class kernel maintainers
(aka "firehose drinkers" due to amount of patches they take).

> and I STILL haven't made it all the way through yet?
>
> Yeah, I need to give him svn access too.  If he applies something I deeply
> disagree with, I can always clean it up after the fact (or even revert it
> with an explanation of _why_), but it shouldn't be hanging around
> unresolved...

I am about to blink out of existence for a few weeks
(I am going to change my job). I do hope that I will reappear ;)
Just FYI.
--
vda