ash not working in statically compiled busybox on amd64

Aurelien Jacobs aurel at gnuage.org
Wed May 17 19:17:34 UTC 2006

On Thu, 18 May 2006 00:47:13 +1000
Andree Leidenfrost <aleidenf at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> Hi Mike again,
>
> I think that the issue might be with getpid() of glibc (or the Debian
> package thereof). I have filed a Debian bug for this:

> This bug report has an attachment:
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi/test_getpid.tar.gz?bug=367656;msg=5;att=1
>
> which contains a sample program and script to test for the issue. It
> would be unreal if you could run it on your amd64 system and email me
> the output.

I confirm I can see this bug here too on sid amd64:

  $ ./buildandrun
   Architecture: x86_64
  libc6 version: 2.3.6-5

  Statically compiled: (Wrongfully returns 5 on amd64!)
  pid=5
  Dynamically compiled:
  pid=5249

But this don't seem to affect sarge amd64:

  $ ./buildandrun
   Architecture: x86_64
  libc6 version: 2.3.2.ds1-22

  Statically compiled: (Wrongfully returns 5 on amd64!)
  pid=18973
  Dynamically compiled:
  pid=18974

Aurel