Feature freeze and pending 1.1.3.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed May 17 04:16:44 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 16 May 2006 6:07 pm, Natanael Copa wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-05-16 at 23:12 +0200, Natanael Copa wrote:
> > On Tue, 2006-05-16 at 11:10 -0400, Rob Landley wrote:
> > > 2) Over in -stable land, there's been a pending patch to make 1.1.3 out
> > > of for a week or so, see
> > > "http://busybox.net/downloads/busybox-1.1.2.fixes.patch". Anybody got
> > > any comments on this, or should I just cut a release?  (The less fix
> > > had rejected hunks, so that'll have to wait for the new -devel.)
> >
> > I would like to have the 'readlink -f' segfault fixed too.
> > Patch here: http://busybox.net/lists/busybox/2006-May/021100.html
>
> [please ignore]
>
> > I know there should be a bzero and bb_xzmalloc doing this, but thats
> > probably not what we want in the stable branch since there are so many
> > of the memset(..,0,...) out there.
>
> [/please ignore]
>
> I was mentally mixing the readlink bug with another. Sorry.
>
> What I ment was, that this fix is easy and safe and could go into stable
> branch, while the correct way (platform.c?) could be done in the
> development branch.

I just whacked it by supplying bb_common_bufsiz1 and sticking an if in the
FEATURE_CLEAN_UP path.  I'm tired enough to hit it with a sledgehammer right
now. :)

I've got your earlier message marked "unread" so when I take another look at
it in the morning it'll remind me to add it to the 1.1.3 patch.