Busy Box [bug -fix]

Bernhard Fischer rep.nop at aon.at
Tue May 16 10:31:51 UTC 2006

On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 04:11:43PM +0800, Patrick S wrote:
>Hi, Developers,
>
>Busybox is a great piece of software I have every seen!.
>
>I recently use buildroot to build embedded linux, during the process, it
>gives me the following errors:

>[sp at spf-pc5-linux busybox]$make
>    LINK busybox_unstripped
>/home/sp/buildroot/build_arm/busybox/libbusybox.so: undefined reference to
>`llist_free_one'
>collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>make[1]: *** [busybox_unstripped] error 1
>make: *** [_all] error 2
>
>I found the helper function has some incorrectness:  libbb/list.c
>
>the #ifdef is for every single function, which is fine, however,
>L_llst_freerequires the
>L_llist_free_one to be defined as well.

All llist_free needs is the prototype of llist_free_one. The prototype
is in libbb.h.

What version of busybox are you using (if it's a snapshot, then from
what date is the snapshot), which gcc, target architecture?

Can you send me your
$ egrep -v "(#|^$)" .config
of busybox, so i can try to reproduce this (it sounds like a broken
toolchain to me, unless you picked up the snapshot where llist_free_one
was incorrectly partially renamed to llist_pop. In this case, please
update to a current snapshot where this works as expected).

>What I did was to move the function llist_free_one into the bracket defined
>by #ifdef L_llist_free, and remove the block #ifdef L_llist_free_one
>
>attached is the patch for your convenience.  (created by diff -Naur )

There is something else going on, this patch is most likely not correct.