[RESEND] Question about hdparm command line parsing

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu May 11 21:24:32 UTC 2006

On Thursday 11 May 2006 4:47 pm, Tito wrote:
> On Thursday 11 May 2006 22:31, Rob Landley wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi, any thoughts about it???
> >
> > Why did you bother to quote any of the message when you cut out the
> > entire contents so there was no clue what the message was about?
>
> Sorry, just because i see them here one above the other in my mail client,
> so it seemed superfluous to me....

My email routes copies of messages I'm cc'd on to my inbox, rather than the
list.  For most lists I can just filter on the ones the list ID say came from
the server and file that copy in the mailing list folder, and the other copy
winds up in my inbox, but the busybox mailserver thinks it knows better and
doesn't send me a second copy when it sees I'm cc'd...

> > > if we don't care about this it is fine for me...
> >
> > I'm leaning towards that.  Adding 200 bytes so that you can trigger the
> > exact same functionality through a slightly different and somewhat
> > obscure syntax doesn't strike me as a major win.  How often is hdparm
> > scripted with strange options and then ported to busybox?
> > Personally, I'd wait for somebody to care...
>
> ;-)
>
> Fine, lets forget about it.
> It just was irritating me that I did not notice this before sending the
> patch.... that's why i started to look for a workaround.

I think we can live. :)

The problem that annoys me more is that if I go "tar xjfCv filename.tbz
dirname files" it tries to create a file called "Cv" and complains it can't
add filename.tbz to it...