svn commit: trunk/busybox: scripts

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue May 9 14:24:17 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 09 May 2006 7:34 am, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
> Rob,
>
> Again, please be more careful NOT to break the tree.
>
> If you want a place where you can put not working or to-be-tested stuff
> in, then PLEASE create your own branch.

This had nothing to do with what tree I work in.  The feature itself was
working and tested, the help entry wasn't because I didn't think of it.

Yesterday I made a little script to anonymously check out a fresh copy of the
tree, make sure everything still builds, and run the test suite to see if new
things broke.  It didn't check "make help".  It does now.

> You, especially as the official maintainer (but just as the rest of us)
> are supposed to check if the stuff you intend to checkin actually works.
> This is supposed to be done in a *separate* tree where only the hunks
> you intend to checkin are applied to a tree which is otherwise
> pristine..

I'm confused.  For the -stable branch you insist I use svn.  For -devel, you
want me to _stop_ using it?