Patches subdirectory

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon May 8 16:22:31 UTC 2006

On Monday 08 May 2006 1:30 am, Jason Schoon wrote:
> So, who else thinks it's about time the patches subdirectory goes away?

Me?

I deleted one and applied another in the past few days.  (svn 14998 and
14999.)  It's one of my 8 gazillion to-do items I'm slowly working through in
parallel..

> At this point, I think those few items should either get added as
> configurable items in the main code, get stuck in the bug database
> until someone gets around to them, or get canned if they aren't
> useful.  I'd be surprised if most of them even applied to the current
> tree anymore.

They date from the 1.00-prex feature freeze, back before Erik set up the bug
database.  I've applied or deleted all the ones that were easy calls.

The cmp_n one has hunks reject, would require a _lot_ of cleanup to make the
#ifdefs go away, and does disgusting things in libbb.  Might be easier to
reimplement than to fix that, but it's a good feature.

The dd_ibs_obs one isn't a CONFIG option, it adds size all the time.  It looks
reasonable but needs to be optional in order to be applied.

The tftp one looks like it would have fit right in at the time.  It needs a
bit of migration but still looks worthwhile.  I haven't messed with it
because it's largeish and I'm not really up to speed on the tftp code, but if
somebody wanted to bring that one to the present it's a good candidate for
being applied.

It's a bit hard to figure out what the top one is trying to do since the
code's changed out from under it.  I'll take a look...

The udhcp ones I haven't even looked at yet.