svn commit: trunk/busybox: coreutils include

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sun May 7 03:57:46 UTC 2006

On Saturday 06 May 2006 1:32 am, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Friday 05 May 2006 14:16, Rob Landley wrote:
> > Tell you what: I'll just rip that out entirely since having it in the
> > tree at all is misleading, since I'm never shipping that code in a
> > release again because there is no longer a busybox version.
>
> you're going to just kill all dhcp support then huh ?

You deleted busybox's udhcp directory.  There isn't one in busybox anymore.
I'm just updating the makefile so that what I ship will build.

Were you not listening when I said I wasn't going to ship things bolted onto
the tree with "busybox" painted on the side, or did you think I didn't mean
it?  Gluing an external project onto the side of the tree is not acceptable,
and I will never package that into any version I release.  I still hope to
finish up a simpled dhcp client and server and add them to the networking
directory.  (I've got about another week before I have to start thinking
about a feature freeze for a release next month.)

But shipping the symlinked directory was never an option.  Nothing to do with
the quality of the code; it's not part of busybox.  Period.  If I can't
figure out how to remove the symlink and have to add an "rm -rf" step to my
packaging script to make sure the symlink doesn't leak stuff into the busybox
tree, so be it.

I'm sorry to see it go, but them's the breaks.  You've made no move to resolve
this, and I'm flushing pending to-do items here...