svn commit: trunk/busybox: coreutils include

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri May 5 18:16:25 UTC 2006

On Friday 05 May 2006 4:24 am, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
> Rob, along the same lines, you broke
> dumpleases
> udhcpc
> udhcpd
> again.. See
> http://www.busybox.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/trunk/busybox/include/applets.h?
>rev=14949&view=log for r14898
> (http://www.busybox.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?rev=14898&view=rev)
> and r14909
> (http://www.busybox.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?rev=14909&view=rev)

Tell you what: I'll just rip that out entirely since having it in the tree at
all is misleading, since I'm never shipping that code in a release again
because there is no longer a busybox version.

If there was a busybox version, we could clean out non-busybox code, switch it
over to use libbb functions, switch it over to use new config things like
USE() and SKIP(), and generally check code into it without worrying about
random external dependencies outside of the busybox project.  But there isn't
a busybox version.  That is not part of busybox.

> Please fix, it doesn't make sense if vapier and i re-enable it since you
> checkin stuff straight from your devel-tree instead of isolating a patch
> you intend to checkin into a pristine copy and check/commit from there..

Actually I do try pretty hard to clean out my tree before checking stuff in,
but I have something like eight pending projects in my tree and when
something comes in that touches three or four files I sometimes lose track of
what I need to revert.  (This wasn't a problem before I had to marshall other
people's patches through my tree.  I tried opening a second tree, but the old
one just wound up stagnating.  That's the main reason the passwd rewrite
isn't finished and checked in yet, by the way.  It's in the old tree...)