svn commit: trunk/busybox: coreutils include

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri May 5 17:57:03 UTC 2006

On Friday 05 May 2006 3:17 am, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
> >+config CONFIG_FEATURE_CAT_ESCAPE
> >+	bool "support -vetET"
> >+	depends on CONFIG_CAT
> >+	default n
> >+	help
> >+	  Sheer bloat.
> >+
>
> Rob, this is wrong!
> Please make sure not to leak your local modifications into svn
> *partially*.
>
> Please fix, either by checking in the code or by removing this pointless
> config entry, thanks in advance.. :-P

You're right.  I'm trying to flush things out of my tree today, but they keep
spinning off new tangents.  (Ah, this is half a cleanup, I should do the
_rest_ of that cleanup and check it in...)  My tree builds, but chopping out
clean chunks of it to check in is a bit tricky at present.

As for cat -v, that's been sitting in my tree for a few days while I ponder
whether or not the whole concept is too disgusting to check in.  I'm leaning
towards adding a "catv" applet that does what cat -v would do, and takes the
optional arguments -etET, since the two code paths really have nothing in
common anyway...

On the one hand, cat -v is 20 years old and I have code for it that works
right now.  On the other hand, if SUSv3 didn't take -v into the spec why
should we?