Shells in 1.1.2

Joe Shaw jshaw at evitechnology.com
Thu May 4 13:56:39 UTC 2006

>>> Joe Shaw  >>>
hardware platform was x86, no cross-compile going on
i'm at home, i'd have to detail my configs tomorrow but....
i compiled it to be static, so maybe some libraries were missing, i'll
see
i did it several ways though, just building busybox with my config
native to my system
built it native to my system with the default config
i even did buildroot (btw, when buildroot builds busybox, does it to it
with uClibc? i'm not sure) and it didn't work there (im sure that was a
dynamic build)
and i even downloaded one the pre-compiled buildroot uClibc toolchain
for i386 and no go there
other busybox apps worked, like ls, ifconfig, and what not

being new to linux, by device the console attaches to, i tihnk you mean
console, tty0, tty1-4, etc. am i right?  if so, how can i determine

UPDATE:
looking back, i was wrong aobut the pre-compiled i386 buildroot, it
worked there.  but that's also running an older busybox

thanks
joe

On Wednesday 03 May 2006 4:11 pm, Joe Shaw wrote:
> I can't pretend like I'd even know where to start looking, I'm new to
> this stuff, but maybe others have heard or seen:
>
> With release 1.1.2, I can't get any of the shells to work (at least
not
> interactively, maybe their running I dunno).  Even running "./busybox
> sh" causes my command prompt to freeze (Ctl-c wont fix).
>
> Dropping back to 1.1.0-pre1 worked fine  "./busybox sh" works like a
> champ and my bootable floppy works good
>
> Any ideas?

What hardware platform is this (x86?), how did you build it
(cross-compile?),
what was your config, what device is your console attaching to, what
libc is
it built against and did you run ldd to make sure you've got the right
libraries installed, have you gotten any other busybox apps from 1.1.2
work (what happens if you tell it "init=/bin/ls" for example)...