is NFS mounting borked in bb-1.1.1?

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Mar 29 14:37:28 UTC 2006

On Monday 27 March 2006 2:20 pm, Kumar Gala wrote:
> So I figured out what's wrong with nfs in 1.1.1, however I'm not sure
> how we want to go about fixing it.
>
> The issue is that nfsmount() has a data structure it fills out which
> is expected to get passed to the call of mount().
>
> In singlemount() we call nfsmount() and pass it an options pointer.
> This pointer is set to a buffer that is allocated and filled out in
> nsfmount().  However, we are not passing the "options" pointer to
> mount_it_now().
>
> Rob, suggestions?

Ok, svn 14684 is a different fix than the one you posted, but addresses the
problem you found.  It makes the options parsing we already do in
singlemount() return string flags, and passing them in as an argument to
mount_it_now().  Could you tell me if this fixes it for you?

(I'm still pondering whether mp->mnt_opts is a better way to pass it in, but
the free on line 497 makes that problematic...)

Anyway, this is the first fix that might actually merit a 1.1.1.1 release,
which is a darn silly name and makes me think the next release should just be
1.2.  If nothing else, if this fixes it for everybody having nfs trouble,
I'll append svn 14684 to the fixes list.

> - kumar

Thanks,