collect2: cannot find ld

John Z. Bohach jzb at aexorsyst.com
Wed Mar 29 13:19:42 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 29 March 2006 02:09, Pablo León wrote:
> After some days of tweaking, finally I have got my uClib development
> system (almost) working. I have build it using buildroot with
> busybox-1.1.1, gcc-3.4.6, make-3.80, and all of the compiling stuff
> needed. I can even compile and run a simple "Hello World" c program
> without any problem.
>
> But when I try to compile any standard "configure/make/make install"
> linux package, I always get the following error message at configure stage:
>
> configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler
> cannot create executables.
>
> And config.log states:
>
> configure:722: gcc -o conftest conftest.c 1>&5
> collect2: cannot find 'ld'
> configure: failed program was:
> #line 768 "configure"
> #include "confdefs.h"
> main(){return(0);}
>
> I have double-checked that ld is in the PATH. The only thing suspicious
> to me is that ash export feature seems broken:

I doubt that this has anything to do with Busybox.  I once had a similar issue
when building LFS, and it came down to /dev/pts not being mounted.

Make sure that /dev/pts is mounted before trying to configure, with something
like:

# mount -t devpts devpts /dev/pts

I'm assuming your kernel has devpts support built-in...

Also make sure /proc is mounted...

--
     ###  Any similarity between my views and the truth is completely ###
     ###  coincidental, except that they are endorsed by NO ONE       ###