patch: unzip succeeds with CRC errors

Paul Fox pgf at brightstareng.com
Mon Mar 27 23:11:56 UTC 2006

 > > i'll hold off on committing this, but i'm also not going to take
 > I like the  correlation that somebody made to patch.  I would think unzip
 > should extract as many files as possible, and both print out a failure, and
 > return a failure code, if a CRC has failed.  The return code keeps scripted
 > processes from silently failing, while extracting all good files is more
 > desirable for interactive usage.

okayokayokay.  :-)

by popular demand, unzip now delays its error exit until an
attempt has been made to extract all requested elements.
currently this only applies to CRC errors, the ones that were
being missed before.  filesystem permission and capacity problems
will still cause immediate error exits.

paul
 paul fox, pgf at brightstareng.com