is NFS mounting borked in bb-1.1.1?

Kumar Gala galak at kernel.crashing.org
Mon Mar 27 19:20:45 UTC 2006

On Mar 24, 2006, at 8:31 PM, Rob Landley wrote:

> On Friday 24 March 2006 8:47 am, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>>   after upgrading to bb-1.1.1 earlier this morning, i have been
>> *utterly* unable to successfully NFS mount what used to work just
>> fine
>> under bb-1.00.  (bb-1.1.1 on client, NFS server running on FC4
>> system.)
>>
>>   every mount attempt gives me:
>>
>>     mount: Mounting 10.1.1.100:/tmp on /mnt failed: Invalid argument
>>
>> among other things i have:
>>
>>   1) pinged from each machine to the other to verify connectivity
>>   2) used "showmount" on the server to verify what's being shared
>>   3) restarted NFS on the server, just to play it safe
>>   4) used (non-bb) "showmount" command on client to verify what's
>> 	being shared on the server
>>   5) verified that portmap is running on the client
>>
>> etc., etc.
>>
>>   i recall much mount-related discussion lately but i don't remember
>> any of it having to do with NFS.  what am i missing?  thanks.
>
> I don't use nfs so I have no idea, but I'm pondering having a
> "busybox-1.1.1.fixes.patch" in the download directory that we add
> to if we
> find stupid stuff like the losetup dependency thing.  (I'm not
> releasing a
> 1.1.1, but I can have a patch to fix known issues...)
>
> Each of these fixes would of course need to be checked into the
> current tree
> first.  (Something to resolve the issue, anyway.  Not necessarily
> the same
> exact patch.)

So I figured out what's wrong with nfs in 1.1.1, however I'm not sure
how we want to go about fixing it.

The issue is that nfsmount() has a data structure it fills out which
is expected to get passed to the call of mount().

In singlemount() we call nfsmount() and pass it an options pointer.
This pointer is set to a buffer that is allocated and filled out in
nsfmount().  However, we are not passing the "options" pointer to
mount_it_now().

Rob, suggestions?

- kumar