value of "EMULATE_BASENAME" in libbb/get_last_path_component.c?

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sun Mar 26 21:49:31 UTC 2006

On Sunday 26 March 2006 10:09 am, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   is there any actual value to allowing someone to explicitly define
> EMULATE_BASENAME behaviour in that source file, given that (at least
> according to the comment therein) it's guaranteed to break "basename"
> operation at the very least?

I'm leaning towards not (and have thus removed it on the same "dead code
doesn't belong in the tree" theory), but I'm cc'ing mjn3 in case he wants to
argue for reinstatement.

I've removed this for now since it's not currently being used, and can easily
be added back in if it's needed, but what was the reasoning behind it?