libbb/create_icmp6.socket.c: why is entire code conditional?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Sun Mar 26 18:49:57 UTC 2006

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006, Jason Schoon wrote:

> On 3/26/06, Robert P. J. Day <rpjday at mindspring.com> wrote:
> >

> > (can we avoid top posting, please?)
>
> Why?  That's how my mail client defaults, is there some reason it is
> wrong?

yes.  and you should do what it takes to override the behaviour of
your mail client to stop it from doing that.

> I have no problem with some files having conditional code on this
> option (I have submitted patches that have done just that).
> However, in the case where an entire file is wrapped in a config
> option, we should let the configuration system handle it, rather
> than the preprocessor.

however, as i pointed out, the fact that the entire code from that
source file is wrapped in a conditional is really just a fluke.  all
of the other files in libbb/ have the IPV6-related code in the same
source file as the IPv4 stuff, so this single outlier should not be
treated as an exception.

rday