udhcp and busybox

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Mar 25 02:11:54 UTC 2006

On Friday 24 March 2006 1:22 am, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Thursday 23 March 2006 19:00, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > once that was done, i cut out the udhcp subdir in busybox and replaced it
> > with a subversion external link ... thus when you commit to
> > busybox/networking/udhcp/, you're actually committing to trunk/udhcp/
>
> the alternative is to move trunk/udhcp/ into
> trunk/busybox/networking/udhcp/ ... and then we cut udhcp releases straight
> from there ... prob be easier on busybox maintainers to merge patches ...
> what do you think Erik ?  the makefile foo is written to handle either
> scenario ...
> -mike

I am in the process of rewriting this thing to _be_a_busybox_app_.  I'm basing
it on the current dhcpc code, and the new thing will retain Russ Dill's
copyright, and he's welcome to maintain the result if he likes.  But I expect
to throw away at least half the current source code in the process and make
it entirely dependent on libbb.