SVID functions used in bb

Peter S. Mazinger ps.m at gmx.net
Fri Mar 24 09:23:52 UTC 2006

Hello!

Sorry for cross-posting, both lists are affected.

I am intending to add an uClibc config option that disables the SVID
(System V R4) only functions in uClibc (the common BSD/SVID ones remain
untouched for now). These are fgetpwent[_r]/fgetgrent[_r]/putpwent/stime.

Checking how this influences busybox I found:
1. *_r are used only to pwd_grp to provide the non-reentrant version of
the same function.
2. the non-reentrant fget* are used in adduser/addgroup, additionally
adduser uses putpwent
3. stime is used by date/rdate

Checking my (uClibc based) box w/ about 500 packages, the fget* functions
are not used at all, putpwent is used by shadow suite, stime by only
net-snmp.

Please consider replacing all the above in busybox using SuSv3 versions,
else uClibc users will have to enable bb-internal libpwdgrp and disable
date/rdate.

Thanks, Peter