Core dumps

Jason Schoon floydpink at gmail.com
Thu Mar 23 19:52:23 UTC 2006

I'm not familiar with core dumps either (other than cursing at them when
they occur, I'm very skilled at that).

What I generally do is create a signal handler to catch the segfault, and
then dig up how to dump the stack for the specific platform I am on.  That
will usually let you find the address of the offending function, and then
addr2line can usually pinpoint the offending point in source.