busybox mount.c broken

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Mar 21 16:40:38 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 21 March 2006 7:24 am, Ignacio García Pérez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm always using the latest svn snapshot and noticed that
>
> # mount -o remount,rw /
>
> No longer works (revision *14584*
> <http://www.busybox.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?rev=14584&view=rev>). I've
> rolled back to previous revisiones and the last one working seems to be
> *13584* <http://www.busybox.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi?rev=13584&view=rev>.
>
> Hope it helps.
>
> Nacho.

Copy the list on these sort of things, please.

I tested it and it worked for me.  Define "not works".  It doesn't convert a
read-only / into a read-write one?  Any error message or exit return code?
What platform did you try this on?  Do you have legacy MTAB support enabled?
(If so, how the heck is it maintaining one if /etc isn't writeable?)  If not,
do you have /proc mounted?  What do your fstab and /etc/mtab
(or /proc/mounts) entries look like when you try this?

I want to fix this but first I need to either understand or be able to
reproduce the problem.